Southern Theatres, L.L.C. is responsible for the daily operations of The Grand Theatres and Amstar Cinemas in 20 locations with 292 screens in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Texas. The Company is positioned for continued expansion in key markets throughout the Southeast. Southern Theatres, L.L.C. is headquartered in New Orleans, LA.
As stated above, they operate under two names, Amstar Cinemas and The Grand Theaters. The Conduct Policy is the same for both, banning any form of firearm carry:
OUR THEATRE PROHIBITS
• Outside food or drink
• Possession of firearms or weapons of any kind regardless of whether openly or concealed, with or without a permit
• Disruptive or disorderly conduct
Examples: shouting, screaming, noisy or boisterous activities, loud music, throwing objects, running, skating, “Heelys”, skateboarding, rollerblading, cycling, interfering with the free flow of pedestrian traffic, and any conduct that reasonably could be construed as interfering with or interrupting another’s right to enjoy the movie-going experience
• Phone calls, texting, or emailing during the film
• Photographing, videotaping, or otherwise recording the film
• Inappropriate and offensive attire
• Violence, intimidation, or physically threatening behavior
• Unlawful conduct or activity
• Open containers of any alcoholic beverage except in areas specifically designated for the consumption of alcohol
• Loitering, lingering, delaying, and blocking storefronts and fire exits
• Defacing, damaging, or destroying any property belonging to AmStar Cinemas or any of its employees
• Picketing, distributing handbills, soliciting, and petitioning unless with prior written consent of AmStar Cinemas management, which may be withheld within the theatre’s sole discretion.